Monday, November 8, 2021

Striving for perfection

 "Nobody is perfect, and at times we don't measure up, but if we can be authentic and open to learning and growing with those we serve, we can collectively achieve much more than if we assume we have all the answers."

This is a powerful quote from the book Learner Centered Innovation by Katie Martin speaks volumes.  

In an age where information is at our finger tips, I no longer want to "pretend" I know everything.  I want to teach students how to problem solve and think on their own.  We should be not be afraid to show failures.  If I never fail, I won't grow as a person. 



Are you tired of striving to be "perfect"? I'm tired of pretending I have all the answers.
  It hurts me deeply to watch a student beat themselves up when they make a mistake.  This quote by Michael Jordan is a favorite of mine.  This quote inspires me to show my failures to my students.  I want them to know that we all struggle, but we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off to start again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If You Could Go Back to School, What Would Be Worth Learning?

    You've made it to adulthood.  Congrats! Look at you "adulting" in the real world. You're managing a career, a family, ...